World Tea Forum 2005
This unparalleled business and networking opportunity ,launched in October of 2003 as a unique alternative to the Tea Association 's Annual convention ,attracted tea professionals from around the world to address the industry's biggest issues.this year's Forum offered important industry updates through group business sessions,in addition to innovate CEO,Importer,and Marketing panels aimed at bringing together the industry's key players to discuss industry-wide issues of critical important. Nepal participated in the 2005 World tea Forum representing Nepal tea ,on October 6-8 ,2005 at the Waldorf=Astoria Hotel,New York City.The marketing panel meeting agenda discussed was as follows
A) History of the Tea & Health Initiative
B) 2005 Activities and Publicity Results
C) 2006-2007 Activities
D) Discussion and Brainstorm
Business Session & Speaker Preview
The Tea Forum business sessions were designed to spotlight key issues and concerns that affect the global tea trade. By offering a platform for the presentation of vital and engaging subjects which aim to stimulate mind and confront the pressing issues that face our trade today.
The following topics were discussed in the 2005 World Tea Forum Business Sessions.
- " Its Time For Tea- An Outsider's Perspective of the Opportunities for Tea in the US Marketplace " by Dr. Peter Rogers , Member of the boards of FICAH ( Food Industry Crusade Against Hunger).
- "RTD: Has the industry Fulfilled It's Potential " by Mr.Brad Borgman ,Consulting Business Development Manager for Euromonitar International's Americas division .
- " World Tea Expo-Your Industry Trade Show" by Mr.George Jage ,President of World Tea Expo.
- " Operation USA- update on Post-Tsunami Reconstruction Projects " by Ms.Carinne Meyer,former Program Officer for Operation USA as well as the Co-ordinator for tsunami relief effort to Sri-Lanka.
- " Food service Trends in Hot & Cold Tea" by Mr.David Henkes ,Senior Principal at Technomic.
- Social Welfare or Warfare" by Mr.John Snell,Trading manager for Van Rees(North America) and Chairman of the Tea Association of the USA's Convention Committee.
- " White Tea & Growing Pains " by Mr.Barry Cooper,Founder and Chairman of Cooper's Tea Company.
- " How to Use a Health Benefits Message to Market Your Brand " by Ms.Louise Pollock,Chairman of Pollock Communications Inc.
- Update on the Specialty Tea Institute (STI) Certification Program by Mr.Richard Guzauskas ,Consultant at the China Mist Tea Co.
- " Understanding the Consumer " by Mr. Joe Simrany ,President of Tea Association of the USA,Inc.,the Tea Council of the USA Inc., and the Specialty Tea Institute.
- CEO Meeting Panel Overview by Mr. Bob Zelnick , President of Ashford Consulting Group,New Jersey.
- Importer Panel Overview by Mr.Vic Ferretti,who has been in the tea business since 1958.
- Marketing Panel Overview by Ms.Melissa McAllister ,Vice-President / Account Director at Pollock Communications.